Tuesday, June 24, 2008

How Come...?

Lately, I have been having an eery feeling that I'm surrounded by morons. Not Mormons, but morons. I just got back from trying to get an Odometer reading so I can buy my car. You would have thought I was asking for the cure of cancer. These "leaders of the pack" kept asking me if I needed a smog check. I guess I should give them the benefit of the doubt - odometer and smog do sound a lot alike.

I apologize for the sass, but lately I keep finding myself saying out loud, "What is wrong with people?" At first this was more of a rhetorical question, but now I really want an answer. What inspires morons to blow a blow horn at a biker? What drives a woman at 11 at night in the grocery store to start yelling at people for not following the right lines? (that wasn't me) And what possesses a person to bend over and not be somewhat aware of the massive thong riding up their back? Come on, I really want an answer.

Below are other questions I want answers to. Feel free to add your own. Actually, I encourage (again I'm pretending I have a wide readership) no I'm implore you to write your own list on your blogs or any other publication. Maybe if we ask enough times, we'll start getting some answers.

For example:
1. How come no one speaks English in California?
2. How come some people make it their mission to sit in the left lane with no intention of speeding up?
3. How come the bank I go to (that is notoriously slow) always has one person standing in line muttering to no one in particular, "I swear this is the worst bank." How come these people don't go to another bank?
4. How come the people, who don't live in our building, always park in the good spots?
5. How come some people think their children are cute...when they aren't?

That's all I got for today. I could get into why the trial run every month when we aren't planning on having kids for another ten years? (Or 19 years in my case.)

1 comment:

OC Daimyo said...

Great blog, love your writing and format too! What's a twitter?

Steve

Seattle, Washington