Saturday, April 24, 2010

Not The Reaction We Were Going For

Last Tuesday night I was given the opportunity to attend our church's annual "Standard Night." This is basically the night where the youth of our church learn about the importance of not drinking, doing drugs, using bad language and other such naughty things. After the two hour presentation, I ran into a friend of mine, who happens to be a youth leader like myself and said the following:

Friend: Did you ever see that documentary on McDonalds? You know the one where they talked about the negative effects of eating all that fast food?

Me: Yeah. Super Size Me. Right?

Friend: Yeah. Well, you know what I did after that movie? I actually went out and bought a Big Mac and supersized it.

Me: Wow.

Friend:
Yeah. And you know what? I night like this, and all this talk of standards, makes me want to go out and just get ripping drunk, swear like a sailor and beat someone up.

Me: Wow. You have strange reactions to things people tell you not to do.

No comments: