Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In Need of Adult Companionship

I've realized, after many nights of being left alone by my over worked husband, that I don't function very well without some type of adult companionship. For example, since being home at 4pm I've had two bowls of cereal - one counted as a quasi lunch/"energy" for some type of exercise to be completed before dinner, and the other bowl was initially classified as a snack, but to be honest it really should fall under the category of "I'm lonely and these honey nut cheerios will make it all better." (I should also say that between the cereal I had dinner. So, the 2nd bowl wasn't really a snack, but more of an unnecessary treat to myself for finishing my dinner.)

Now, overeating is not only my only issue with being alone. In addition to taking down boxes of cereal, I also find myself in periodic time warps of the internet. It seems like every time I go to check the weather to see if I need to put on a long sleeve for my run, I end up reading ridiculous articles about Beyonce and Jennifer Aniston for 45 minutes. 45 minutes and I'm still not even sure if Jennifer has found the one and if she is indeed pregnant.

Once I shake myself from the food and the internet, I coax myself into some type of exercise, which is really a means to making more room for cereal, and then, because, again, I'm not a highly functioning alone person, I'll take a shower with my the bathroom door open and my apartment door unlocked. How many times have I stopped my shower in panic because I thought I heard something or someone? Too many to count. Has this made me lock my apartment door? Not yet.

And lastly, as if the eating disorder, internet obsession and streak of exhibitionism wasn't bad enough, I'll admit, and only because we are good friends, there may or may not be some dancing in front of the many mirrors in my apartment. What? I'm on a freaking sugar high...you try sitting still after two rather large bowls of cereal.

Hey, attorney husband...come home to your wife.

3 comments:

Jana said...

You should have come up and hung out with Brooke and I! We've been Jake-less, eating cereal, and staying up late. However, I'm paranoid and lock everything in sight.

Lara Fisher said...

ohhh.... Next time, skype me, I bet you will find me handeling a family sized box mini wheats. We can eat our cereal and wait for our attorney husbands to finish "working" together. And by "working" I mean watching Real Housewives.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your personal marvelous posting!
I certainly enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.
I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back sometime soon.
I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great job,
have a nice evening!

Here is my web page ... Minicharger.Ap01.Aws.Af.Cm