Wednesday, July 25, 2012

One Arm and Rockin'

A few weeks ago, the husband and I, and some choice friends, attended a Def Leppard and Poison concert.  Now, before the mocking begins let me just state that these two bands hold a great deal of memories for me.  For example, in 6th grade I, along with my soul mate of the time, decided that we would take a very important step in our relationship and chose "Something To Believe In" by Poison to be our...wait for it...official song.  I can't express what this declaration meant for us as a couple.  Not only did Bret Michaels give us hope about the future of our relationship, but it allowed us, through the means of dance, to express our budding love/like for each other.  Trust me when I say, there's nothing more powerful than swaying in a tight circle for 5 minutes and 28 seconds to express the strength of your relationship.

As for Def Leppard, not only did this band teach me that you don't need two fully functioning arms to be successful, but "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (which according to Yahoo.com, is a subtle reference to sex) was indeed, the only fitting song for my lacrosse team to warm up to all four years of college.  So, for you haters out there, don't mock because these bands brought it.

Now, outside of reliving my past, the best part of the concert was when I decided, between sets, to use the bathroom.  After climbing down a series of stairs and weaving my way through some truly fantastic white trash outfits, I approached the line to the bathroom.  To my dismay the line was at least forty deep, and I knew if I sneezed or laughed suddenly, there was a very good chance I was going to relieve myself in line.  So, I did what any normal pregnant woman would do - I walked to the middle of the line, tapped on the shoulder of the girl and prepared my most desperate pregnant face.  However, as I started to rub my protruding belly and explain my need to use the bathroom, the girl, who I tapped, turned around and was equally as pregnant as I was.  And just as I was about to try another girl, the girl in front of the pregnant woman turned around and she was pregnant as well. So much for using the pregnant card! 

So, people don't you see...Poison and Def Leppard is not just about big hair and hits in the 80's and 90's, but brings us all together.  Two arms, one arm, pregnant or not...it unifies us all. 

No comments: