Monday, December 3, 2012

My Bewitching Hour

Again, why, why don't people tell/warn you of things that are going to happen and that you are going to do once you have a child?  Honestly, no one told me I was going to be excited to see my child go number two, or that I was going to become obsessed with getting the lint out of my child's hand.  NO ONE.  Also, no one told me about the deadly time between putting your child to bed for the night and the time you should be going to sleep yourself.  I cannot tell you how many times I've said to myself, "Once this baby goes to sleep, I'm marching to my room, brushing my teeth and going straight to bed."  (Yes, I talk to myself in quotations.)  And then all of the sudden, the baby is all nestled in her bed and everything around me becomes fascinating.  All of the sudden I start staring at my bookshelf wondering if I should finally bite the bullet and read something mildly more intelligent than my usual smut...for only twenty minutes, of course...and then, before I know it, I've pulled out my old Mongolian dictionary and spent a mystifying 89 minutes reading words out loud in a horrible Mongolian accent.  How does this happen? 

Last night was probably the worst...yes, worse than reading Mongolian out loud.  I had about fifteen minutes before I really needed to sleep, when I stumbled upon Extreme Cougar Wives on TLC.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  This show is captivating, mesmerizing and fantastic all at the same time.  What's the premise you ask?  Um, just women in their late 60s and 70s having relations (that's for you Mom) with men 35+ years their junior.  Fantastic.  Right?  How did they meet, you ask?  Um, one young man was dating the 54 year old woman's daughter until he turned 20 and then...well...then love happened.  I actually watched 30 minutes of this show standing up with the remote in my hand because I was so fascinated by these people. 

Next week Stephanie, a 68 year old woman, goes to the beach with her 28 year old boyfriend, and has to endure the mocking from his friends as they play volleyball.  Will I watch?  Um, I sure as heck didn't put my baby to sleep to knit something if that is what you are wondering.

Please help me.  I didn't go to bed until 11:45 last night.  11:45. I spent 72 minutes of my life watching this show.  There's got to be a better way.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I would watch that too. What time is it on? :)

Anonymous said...

"I believe that the string of arrests represents a strategic success against al-Qaeda as opposed to the wrapping up tactically of a single cell," said a senior White House official. [url=http://www.ukdresshop.co.uk]Formal Dresses uk[/url]
[url=http://www.expeditionparkaca.com]canada goose outlet toronto[/url] Sometimes even a boring dress can be spruced up with the right footwear.
A suit screams power, competence and ambition. [url=http://www.londongenuinepandora.com]thomas sabo sale [/url] Diabetics who work in accident-prone environments such as construction sites or factories might want to consider investing in steel-toed work boots. Other animal prints that are in vogue this autumn season are jaguar, cheetah, ocelot and snow leopard. Aside from that, they even allow you to appear taller and highlight your legs.
Most sandals are designed to be worn barefoot, so they won't fit as well with hosiery. [url=http://www.femmescanadagoose.com]Canada Goose Trillium Parka[/url] Polo, Nautica and Ralph Lauren are just a few of the designers who have started applying their highly-recognizable names to clothing for larger men.
Children's Place, Old Navy, Stride Rite, and Osh Kosh are my favorites. For others, in winter for example, all they really want to do is stay warm. Follow the company directions for applying to internships and practice answering interview questions in front of a mirror. [url=http://www.promkleidde.com/]prom ball kleider[/url]

Anonymous said...

Low Training Cost: Making your employees acquainted with the
easy systems is much easier than training them to work on the most complex ones.

The above describes the criteria for selection for
this job. Article Source: bordeaux est le Seo Agence et Web Style et design Agence de
fichier Soci.

Feel free to surf to my web site ... base email achat