Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Just Write The Email

The other day I received an email from someone's work email address and attached at the bottom of the email was this quote: "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind" by Mahatma Gandi.  Now, I'll admit, this is a rather thought provoking quote, and I guess, I agree with it...unless we are talking about the idiot at the gym last night, who I'm pretty sure farted while walking by me - I might be okay with a truck hitting him today...and I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing just fine if that happens. 

No, but in all seriousness, I don't understand people who attach these types of quotes to their emails?  Is this suppose to be the one statement that just sums you up?  Are you just so sick of people retaliating against you, when you have clearly done something stupid, that you think this quote will stop your house from being egged?  Are you trying to sound intelligent after you misspelled "their" with "there" and forgot the little apostrophe between you(')re and instead wrote "your?"  Do you think people are going to read, "So, we are all set for our conference call at 9:00 am....an eye for an eye...world blind...that's brilliant...screw that conference call...I've got to rush home and let out the mailman I've had locked in my basement for a year because he forgot to deliver my ESPN magazine for two weeks.  Well, in that case I hope something stops that crazy...but, hey, you know what I mean.  (So, I'm a little bitter that my ESPN magazine just miraculously found its way to my mailbox after I left a note last week...hmmmm...)

So, unless your quote is: "Stop reading this part - the email is over," I'm asking you to stop.  I promise you the work day will continue without Walt Disney reminding me dreams can come true.

No comments: