Friday, February 22, 2013

Can't Touch This

Maybe it's my recent sleep deprivation, (My 5 1/2 month old has decided to start waking up in the middle of the night.  Don't feel bad for me - she started sleeping through the night at 2 months...oh karma for bragging...)  Anyway, this morning, after watching Grey's Anatomy together, again, don't judge, I was raised on Young and the Restless, I placed my child in her new toy, the Jumperoo.  For those of who don't have children, and get to sleep a solid 7-9 hours a night, a Jumperoo is basically a bouncy chair, that rotates and has all sorts of toys and sound makers around it.  It's fantastic if you want to actually get something done for 15 minutes...and it's hilarious to watch her discover the monkey that makes a screeching noise every 30 seconds.  I swear, I think my kid might be suffering from dementia.  (No driving for her.)

Anywayyyy....as I was watching her this morning I had a thought - what about creating a Jumperoo for adults.  Come on, you know you would want this. Who wouldn't want to go to work, and as you move, your entire area starts to bounce up and down?  No?  Well, then think about this, a chair that rotates to all your favorite things.  You could have a laptop, your cell phone, a sandwich that you can gnaw on every time you rotate around, a wheel, that every time you spin it it plays, "Can't Touch This," (because that would be awesome) and all the while dangling in a comfortable chair with a cushion back! 

Sure, I might be working on five hours of sleep, that was broken up into individual hours of sleep, followed by two hours of wondering if my baby was asleep or wedged dangerously into the side of the crib, but I think this is a good idea.  Just sleep for 38 minutes, have someone wake you up, perform a physical activity and then try to go back to sleep while an annoying sound goes off every 18 seconds, AND then tell me what you think. 

No comments: