Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tone Down The Singing And Buy My Table

Lately, we've been trying to sell a few things on Craigslist...so if you are interested in a TV stand or a kitchen table...oh wait...no seriously, please come and get this crap...

Anyway, over the past couple of weeks I've been having some interesting exchanges with potentials buyers.  Last week a guy texted me and said he wanted our Subwoofer for $80.  Great, I thought.  $20 less than what I asked for, but hey, I'm not even sure it works.  Then he texts back his address, which I found a little strange so I countered with sending my address.  He then said, "This could work because you live close."  I didn't understand what he meant and so I texted, "Are you wanting me to deliver this to you?"  To which he responded, "I have no car but cash."  Silly me I forgot that announcement when Craigslist became a delivery website.  I'm such an idiot.  (Am I regretting not taking it to him?  Is the subwoofer still here?  Yes on both counts.)

However, as misguided as my lazy buyer was, Russell (name has not been changed because this guy is nutso) called me up yesterday and gave me this whole story about how his church needs my TV Stand to display items they sell at a fraction of the cost to poor people.  (His word was poor - not mine.)  Anyway, I was like, "Great, let's do this bizarre transaction," but, it was raining yesterday so we decided to have him come today.

I just texted him to see if he was coming and this is the text I got...and I'm not exaggerating at all...

"Hey Kate I'm sorry meant to call you last night I got a call from my pastor and I got kicked out of the church he said I was sang too loud and it was disruptive to the congregation so I apologize I have no use for it.  Kate once again I apologize I was very distraught last night and I just was very upset again i have got yelled at because my singing loudly and praising the Lord was very disruptive.  This pastor has very big issues."

I bet he does.

No comments: